Teaching & Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center was established in 2006 through a grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Undergraduate Science Education program. The center promotes excellence in teaching and learning in science disciplines through a variety of programs and consulting services.
- Maintains a library of teaching and learning books and publications
- Holds new faculty orientation programs
- Offers workshops and conversations on innovative teaching approaches
- Sponsors presentations by nationally recognized visiting teacher/scholars
- Collaborates in designing and delivering graduate student teaching preparatory courses
- Provides travel grants to faculty and graduate students to attend teaching workshops and disseminate teaching innovations
- Provides individualized assistance with grant preparation, course development, assessment and dissemination
For more information on the center's mission and programs, visit the Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences Teaching & Learning Center website.