Educational Videos for Undergraduate Biology Courses
This project is developing a series of humorous, yet informative, videos to illustrate some basic biological concepts. These videos wereintended to supplement materials covered in various lectures and provide a reference guide for the students to access while away from the classroom. Our process begins with meetings among introductory biology and genetics faculty to generate ideas, followed by storyboarding, preliminary filming, soliciting feedback from faculty and final editing. The completed videos are available on iTunesU and can be downloaded from the CMNS streaming video server.
- DNA Replication: The Tale of How One Became Two
- Lost in Translation: Blueprints,Building Blocks, and Beyond...
- Chromosomal Mutations: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Murder in the Micro Building
- A Night at the Operon
- Dictionary Time with Dr. Shields
- Introduction to Operons
- The Lactose Operon
- The Tryptophan Operon
- The Arabinose Operon
- Mitosis and Meiosis Video I: The Life of Testudo
- Mitosis and Meiosis Video II: Mitotic division
- Mitosis and Meiosis Video III: Meiotic division